The Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan is Saskatchewan’s general farm organization, based on rural municipal boundaries. APAS provides farmers and ranchers with a democratically-elected, grassroots, non-partisan, producer-run voice to government and society.
APAS was formed out of a resolution during a Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities convention to represent the views of all Saskatchewan producers on key policy issues, and has been the united voice of agricultural producers in Saskatchewan since 2000.
APAS represents Saskatchewan as a member of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture and advocates on behalf of Saskatchewan producers to all levels of government.
The Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan provides a respected, unified voice that positively influences agricultural and rural communities.
A respected, thriving agricultural sector.
In carrying out the work of the organization and in all its relationships, APAS will:
- Demonstrate respect, honesty, integrity, openness and a spirit of collaboration.
- Conduct itself in a professional, inclusive and trustworthy manner that is respectful of diversity.
- Be responsive and accountable to the needs of those it serves.
- Maintain a non-partisan political position.
- Reflect democratic principles and practices in all of its activities.