The Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan requires an Assistant General Manager to join our team and help continue to grow and engage our membership.
The APAS Assistant General Manager will have primary responsibility for the organization’s membership program; including relations with participating Rural Municipalities and Associate members, strategic planning and implementation for the recruitment of new members, and the coordination and promotion of the APAS Member benefits program.
The Assistant General Manager will also assist the General Manager as required. The primary focus will be coordinating the APAS relationship with APAS RM representatives, ratepayer members, administrators and councils and Associate members; including;
• Development and delivery of the overall APAS Membership Strategy
• Coordination of presentations at Rural Municipal meetings and other events
• Coordination of internal communication with participating RMs and Reps, and Associate members, and assistance with organizing internal events. This includes communicating APAS policy positions and advocacy and conveying member input and feedback to the organization.
• Administration and promotion of the APAS Member Benefits programs.
• Administration and promotion of APAS external sponsorship.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications
• Proven experience with recruitment and member relations in a member-based organization
• Strong communications, presentation and marketing skills
• Ability to travel, with a valid driver’s license
• A highly motivated results-oriented individual with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the APAS team.
• Knowledge of prairie agriculture and an interest in public policy are a distinct asset
APAS provides a competitive salary and employment benefits package
Apply to General Manager, Duane Haave, with a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Posting closes April 18, 2019.