The Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan is hiring a summer researcher under the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Term: June 3, 2019 – August 23, 2019
Wage: $16 per hour
Qualifications: The applicant must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The position requires fluency in written and spoken English, and background in computer software programs.
APAS provides an accessible workplace, and this position is suitable for a candidate with disabilities
The researcher will assist with:
- -Literature and document reviews, preparing background documents and
- Presentations and other written materials, assisting with surveys and interviews and assisting with the organization of events.
- The student will assist with 3 main database projects:
- Landowner surface oil and gas leases and developing a database of key components of the leases.
- The development of a database on rural water management infrastructure in Saskatchewan.
- The development of a database of Saskatchewan indigenous communities involved in agriculture and of programs that relate to agricultural and agricultural labour force development.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 21, 2019