APAS Research Project internship 2019
May 1, 2019 - April 30, 2020
APAS has received Federal Career Focus funding to hire a Policy research intern for 12 months.
In many areas, there exists a divide between academic research and the public policy fields. The project would help to integrate research and identify new partners and areas of interest for potential research on priority issues. This will build the understanding of producers that are active in policy, and improve the quality of policy development
The intern would conduct a literature review of published research that could assist with our work on our priority policy issues. The intern will make contact with relevant research institutions and identify researchers whose field of study relates to our priority policy issues. The intern would assist in preparing background information and speakers for APAS conferences and policy committee meetings and will be engaged in ongoing policy development. The intern will create a database for ongoing tracking of research.
Qualifications: the candidate must meet the following criteria for the funding program
- 30 years or younger when they started the internship
- unemployed or underemployed
- have graduated from a university, college, DEP, or CEGEP
- have not participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy program (that is, Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative and/or Career Focus Program)
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Excellent research, organizational and written communication skills
- Basic skills in database software
- Knowledge of academic research process and an interest in public policy
- Background knowledge of the Canadian prairie agricultural industry is an asset
The position would be located at our head office in Regina, and salary would be based on experience and level of educational attainment.
Salary: Based on academic attainment and experience
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by January 25, 2019.