APAS, Saskatchewan Farm Stewardship Association (SaskFSA), and Access Communications are partnering on a special election forum focused on Saskatchewan agriculture. Candidates representing the Sask Party, NDP and Liberals will respond to priority issues, with Shaun Haney of RealAgriculture moderating a producer panel to discuss and debate the responses. Growing Agriculture will air on AccessNow TV community channels from October 19th to 25th.
“This forum is a great way to highlight the importance of Saskatchewan agriculture leading up to the provincial election,” said APAS President and Growing Agriculture panelist Todd Lewis. “Good agricultural policy is crucial if agriculture is to remain the driver of our economy, and we need our political candidates to understand that.”
Growing Agriculture: 2020 Saskatchewan Provincial Election Forum is a 90-minute conversation focusing on a variety of topics of concern to rural producers, including:
- Saskatchewan Agriculture in 2040 – the vision for agriculture and the plan to support it
- Improving rural internet and cellphone service
- Supporting the next generation of farmers
- Improving Business Risk Management programs
- Responsible agricultural water management
- Recognizing and supporting the environmental benefits of agriculture
Growing Agriculture: 2020 Saskatchewan Provincial Election Forum is set to air October 19-25 on AccessNow TV community channels across the province, as well as online at www.realagriculture.com. The forum is proudly sponsored by Saskatchewan Egg Producers, Saskatchewan Pork Development Board, Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission and Saskatchewan Irrigation Projects Association.