APAS is Saskatchewan’s only non-partisan, democratically elected agricultural policy and advocacy organization.
We create solutions to the challenges on Saskatchewan farms, and then take these solutions to the provincial and federal government to help them make better decisions.
Voting in elections every four years isn’t enough – join APAS and help fix agricultural problems 365 days a year.
If your RM isn’t currently part of APAS, ask your Council to buy a 12-month trial membership.
Benefits of Membership:
- Strength in numbers! APAS represents farmers and ranchers in 134 rural municipalities across the province. We offer members a powerful, respected voice straight to government decision makers. With each new participating RM, our voice becomes stronger!
- Focus on the issues that matter to you: Your RM’s specific regional issues are brought forward by your democratically elected APAS Representative, ensuring that every participating RM is represented around the APAS table.
- Independence: Unlike other organizations, our funding doesn’t come from government or industry. It comes from our members, meaning that we are accountable to you and free to focus only on the issues that matter to Saskatchewan farmers and ranchers.
- Expertise: APAS Reps and Board members have countless years of experience in agriculture, local governance, policy, and advocacy. And our expert, professional staff are entirely focused on Saskatchewan agriculture and improving life for farmers and ranchers.
- Advocacy: Policy change often takes years of strategic communication, and APAS plays the long game on your behalf. We focus on building strong, respectful relationships with decision makers (regardless of their political stripes) and offer them practical solutions backed up by expert research.
- Savings: APAS members can receive thousands of dollars in savings on a range of products and services, including farm insurance products by The Co-operators, new vehicles by Chrysler, all products at Mark’s, and much more.
- Building the future: Young agricultural leaders between 18 and 40 can apply to participate in the APAS Youth Leadership and Mentorship Program. The program is free to members.
Cost of Membership:
Membership in APAS is a cost-effective way to ensure that your RM has a strong voice to provincial and national decision makers. When your RM chooses to participate in APAS, every ratepayer becomes an APAS member and receives the full benefits of membership.
- For RMs new to APAS, we offer a trial membership option. Test drive APAS for only $2,022 in 2022 and see for yourself what APAS delivers!
- To participate in APAS, RMs pay an annual fee based on the lower of the following:
- ½ mill of agricultural assessment based on the mill rate in 2000, OR
- $0.06 per assessed agricultural acre (arable and pasture acres only)
- Membership fees are calculated based on arable land, and range from $5,000 to $30,000 per year depending on the RM.
- APAS membership fees have never increased since the organization was created in 2000.
For more information on the cost and benefits of APAS membership to your RM, please contact APAS Assistant Executive Director Curtis Hemming at email@example.com or 306-789-7774 ext. 2. Curtis will be happy to develop a membership presentation customized to your RM.